Gutters decrease the risk of damage to your home by channeling water away from your foundation. The problem is that if they become clogged due to debris, they no longer protect your home as they should.
When gutter guards aren’t fitting properly, it can be due to warping. This allows debris into the gutters, which can cause issues including water pooling and even foundation problems. Leaves and pine needles are the biggest issues when it comes to debris in gutters.
In order for gutters to stay free of debris, gutter guards are a must. Gutter guards protect your gutters from getting clogged with debris, keeping them clean year-round. Homeowners love gutter guards because they help you avoid the risks that occur when climbing a ladder twice a year or more to clean your gutters.
While gutter guards are a huge benefit to your gutter system, it’s important to understand that all gutter guards are not created equally. Their makeup and installation directly impact their performance.
What Causes Gutter Guard Problems?
Gutter guard problems are avoidable when you choose the top performing gutter guards and have them installed by the professionals. If you currently have gutter guard problems, they’re likely due to one of the following causes:
Improperly installed gutter guards
If you don’t have an experienced professional install your gutter guards, they may not perform properly, and damage to your home can result. From water pooling to foundation damage, when gutter guards don’t work properly, clogged gutters result and cause costly problems to your home.
Poor quality gutter guards
If your gutter guards aren’t well made, you’ll end up with a faulty gutter system and put your home at risk for the costly hassles of water damage and possibly even foundation trouble.
Vinyl gutter guards
The makeup of your gutter guards directly impacts their ability to fit properly and perform well. Vinyl gutter guards tend to warp, expand, and distort in sunlight and cold weather, hindering your gutter’s ability to adequately drain water away from your home.
Plastic gutter guards
Affordable plastic gutter guards may claim to be a lifetime solution for your home gutter system, yet they have significant drawbacks:
- They lack durability. Plastic gutter guards bend and warp over the years, particularly when they are impacted by severe weather or hail. They may be damaged by tree limbs from severe storms and can incur UV damage. Over time, they can break from heat and cold exposure.
- They need to be replaced. Plastic gutter guards are a short-term solution and need to be replaced much quicker than stainless steel gutter guards. Plastic is easily damaged, making them ineffective. You may spend more money over time if you choose plastic gutter guards because they require replacing so frequently.
A Gutter Guard Solution You Can Trust
If your gutter guards are warped, distorted, or don’t fit properly, they can’t perform appropriately and your home could suffer damage as a result. The best solution is to have your gutter guards replaced with reliable stainless steel Klean Gutter Guards.
The Advantages of Stainless Steel Klean Gutter Guards
Klean Gutter Guards are made of surgical-grade stainless steel so they won’t bend, warp, or distort due to weather. They separate liquids from solids with a gutter screen (micro mesh) to ensure that the only substance passing through your gutters is water. Their holes are smaller than a human hair, so they keep all the debris out of your gutters with ease. They are compatible with both 5” and 6” gutters.
Klean Gutter Guards prevent roof oil build-up and match the angle of your roof seamlessly to prevent shingle lift. They have over 70% more filtering area than any other system. Here are some additional reasons homeowners choose Klean Gutter Guards:
- They deliver a cost-effective gutter guard solution—As one of the most affordable gutter guard systems in the industry, Klean Gutter Guards give you outstanding performance and long-lasting value.
- They add to your home’s overall value—There’s no need for gutter maintenance with reliable Klean Gutter Guards protecting your gutters. They increase your home’s value, making it more attractive when it comes time to sell.
- They’re built to last—Other gutter guards only last 1-3 years. Klean Gutter Guards are made entirely of metal and won’t disintegrate over time.
The Benefits of Gutter Guards
The advantages of gutter guards include:
- Clog prevention—Gutter guards keep unwanted debris out of your gutters so that water can flow freely away from your home.
- Block snow accumulation—Help avoid the hassles of snow and ice accumulation by installing reliable gutter guards.
- Prevent foundation damage—Protect your home from the damage caused by water pooling around your home’s perimeter, including costly foundation trouble—by installing gutter guards.
How to Know You Need New Gutters
- Do you have cracks in your current gutter system? It’s time for new gutters! Inspect your gutters particularly during heavy rain. If there are cracks in them, regardless of the size of the crack, they can’t perform properly.
- Is there stress in your gutter seams? The seams where two horizontal sections meet are the most vulnerable.
- Is the wood on your home exterior rotting?
Learn more about the gutter and gutter guard options for your home LeafCo’s “Gutters & Gutter Guards: A Complete Guide.”
Get Reliable Gutter Guards and Precision Installation
Don’t settle for subpar gutters and gutter guard installation. Get optimal protection for your home with detailed fitting from the professionals at LeafCo. Our Klean Gutter Guards will safeguard your home by keeping your gutters free of debris so water can flow freely away from your home where it belongs.
Our exceptional installers have on average over 10 years of experience and give great attention to detail while installing your gutter system. We leave clean worksites and care for your home as if it was our own.
Learn more about our high-quality gutter guards, and start protecting your home from unnecessary damage.