Clogged gutters cause more problems than no gutters at all. When debris gets stuck in your gutters, they overflow, which leads to water intrusion, rotted soffits and rotted fascia. Clogged gutters left unrepaired can also lead to foundation damage, which is a major expense and a time-consuming repair.
There’s a better way! Gutter guards shield your gutters from debris so water can flow through them freely. Read on to learn more about these valuable additions to your home gutter system that will save you time and money.
How Gutter Guards Save You Money
1. Gutter guards safeguard your home from water damage.
They keep your roof drainage from overflowing and causing water to pool around your home’s perimeter (and potentially flooding your basement or impacting your foundation). Imagine the money you will save by avoiding these major problems.
2. Gutter guards deter critters and pests from your home.
When debris such as pine needles and leaves pile up on your roof, they can attract rodents and pests to your home. When these pesky creatures set up their nest, home, or food storage in your gutter system, they can eventually make their way inside the house and wreak havoc. Save yourself the hassle of pests and rodents in or around your home by installing gutter guards to protect your exterior’s vulnerable points from unwanted intruders.
3. They save you on upkeep and gutter repairs.
- Your days of gutter cleaning will be over. When you have gutter guards installed, you no longer have to make time for the tedious maintenance involved in cleaning your own roof drainage. They will keep the buildup of leaves, twigs and more (which becomes decomposed debris over time) from entering your gutters.
- Your gutters will last longer with guards. Because gutter guards prevent the buildup of debris in your gutters, they also keep them from rusting and wearing out prematurely. You’ll be able to take advantage of the full lifespan of your drainage system when you protect it with reliable gutter guards.
- You will avoid costly repairs. By installing gutter guards, you get to skip the expensive repairs that come from water damage (and the hassles that go along with the loss).
4. Gutter guards block the accumulation of ice and snow
When snow melts and makes its way down your roofing to your gutters, if they aren’t free and clear of debris, it can refreeze and cause icicles to form. This situation can create a dangerous situation for you and your family because if icicles fall and you’re under them, you could be injured. If water overflows your gutters and refreezes on the cement below them, it could cause a costly fall for you or a family member. All these situations are preventable by simply having gutter guards installed.
5. Gutter guards even help protect your home from fires.
When gutters are exposed and uncovered, they tend to accumulate twigs, pine needles, and leaves. These are all actually fire starters, and can contribute to a house fire. Boost your home’s security with gutter guards and reduce the possibility of damaging fires. You’ll be amazed at how relaxing it is to know your home is well safeguarded with this simple preventative.
6. Gutter guards increase the value of your home.
Gutter guards boost your home’s value because they ensure the potential owners will not need to risk their own safety by climbing a ladder to clean the gutters. Gutter guards prevent clogs from leaves or debris, and help water drain effectively away from your home to prevent flooded walkways and landscaping.
Mainenance You Avoid with Gutter Gaurds
If you choose to risk falling off a ladder, you can get up there and clean your gutters yourself, but be forewarned that what you will encounter is a mucky, wet, messy pile of gunky debris that needs to be scooped out of your gutters. You’ll be stuck moving your ladder over and over so you don’t reach too far and fall off while clearing the gunk away.
Thankfully gutter guards provide a safe alternative to this never-ending maintenance nightmare.
The Problem with DIY Gutter Guard Installation
Some adventurous homeowners may try to install gutter guards themselves, but this is a bad idea because if you install them incorrectly, you’ll end up with problems down the road. Trust the experienced pros (like us!) who install gutters and gutter guards daily—to get the details right on your installation so you can rest at ease knowing your home is well fortified.
Protect Your Home with Quality Gutter Guards
Get your gutters and gutter guards properly installed by the experienced team at LeafCo Gutters, and have peace of mind that your home is well shielded from water damage.
Premium Klean® Gutter Guards
At LeafCo, we install both 5” and 6” K-style seamless gutters and Klean Gutter Leaf Guards that keep animals, insects, pine needles and leaves out of your gutters for good. This surgical-grade stainless steel microfilter separates liquids from solids with a reliable gutter screen that ensures the only thing that passes through it to your gutters is water. These trustworthy gutter guards match the angle of your roof seamlessly to prevent shingle lift, and work well with either 5” or 6” gutters.
Take a look at our premium gutter guard options.